Our aim is to provide good value for money to all our clients whether you are a private individual or a large organisation.

We are experienced at tailoring our services to suit your budget.

Depending on the type of case you have we can offer a range of funding options which we can discuss with you at an initial free consultation. Whatever funding option you choose we will be transparent about costs and keep you informed as to what your costs are at regular intervals.

For Wills and Conveyancing transactions we offer a fixed fee for acting on your behalf.

In family cases we will advise you from the outset as to the likely costs and let you know if this estimate changes. We will bill you at regular intervals so you know exactly what costs are being incurred on your case. You can pay by cash (to a maximum of £1000), by cheque, debit/credit card or bank transfer. We carry out work which is charged at an hourly rate which is set by the seniority of the solicitor dealing with your case. VAT and disbursements are added to this. At a free initial consultation we can give you an estimate of what your costs will be.

To suit your budget you may wish to dip in and out of obtaining legal advice for which we can either agree a fixed fee or an hourly rate but limited to a set fee.

In some instances we can offer you a fixed fee and set out what work we can carry out within that fixed fee, for example for an undefended divorce. The fixed fee will depend on what work needs to be done and the seniority of the person dealing with your case.

This is a way of funding a case without running the risk of facing legal costs if you lose. It means you only pay our costs which are set out in our agreement with you if you win your case and you pay us nothing if you lose. You can call us to enquire whether this is an option for your type of case.

Other options to pay your legal fees include:

  1. Whether you can obtain funding assistance from your union
  2. Check the terms of your house insurance policy to see if legal fees are covered
  3. Borrowing from family and friends/or commercially obtaining a loan
  4. Paying by debit/credit card
  5. A ‘Sears Tooth Agreement’ – we may agree to enter into a deed so that your legal costs are paid out of your settlement.
  6. Negotiate a voluntary payment from your partner to pay for your legal proceedings
  7. If you are getting a divorce it may be possible to apply for maintenance pending suit so that you can meet your legal fees out of the maintenance you receive
  8. Legal services payments order – this involves making an application at court against your partner for them to meet your legal fees in your proceedings